Wednesday, June 9, 2010

STALLHOLDER PROFILE - CHRISTINE COLLIE

Hi Everyone
It is that time of the week where we showcase one of our wonderful stallholders.

From memory, we believe that Christine has been with us from day 1...a very loyal and happy stallholder :)



So, Christine...How long have you been creating for?
I have been sewing for about 30 years and smocking for about 5 years.

What Inspires and Motivates you to Create?
I love looking at all the new materials that are around and trying to picture what I could make out of them. It is lovely to see children in outfits that are hand made.

What is your favourite item that you make?
Anything that has a little bit of smocking on it. Singlet and pants sets especially in the summer months with matching hats.

Where is your Studio/Dedicated Creative Space?
I do my sewing in the rumpus room which we recently had air conditioned and which is under our house. Most of my smocking is done while I am watching TV of a night time.

What is your most popular item within your collection?
Baby hats are very popular. Lots of ladies tell me that they find it hard to find anything that will fit a new born baby, My hats range from newborn to about 12 months of age in the style that I make.



Do you have any new products in the works?
I will probably do a few more smocked christening dresses.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, business/hobby:
I started sewing and selling my goods in the "With Love" Shop in Ipswich many years ago. I then went to "Our Golden Hands". Both of these shops no longer exist because of lack of volunteers. I decided to learn smocking so that I could create beautiful clothing.



Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?
Probably still coming to the market. If not we will be spending quite a lot of time with our son his wife and grandaughter who will be living back in England.

What do you love about The Handmade Expo...Why is it that you keep coming back?
I love creating new outfits and to do that I have to have an outlet for my goods. I think that it is important that you are a regular stall holder so that your customers know that they can rely on you to keep coming back. It is also lovely to hear the comments of your customers about your work. I love the Handmade Expo because it is well organized and close to where I live.

Thank you Christine for taking the time to complete the online stallholder questionnaire. If you are a stallholder of The Handmade Expo and you would like your profile up in lights, we would love for you to complete the online stallholder questionnaire.

From
Liesa, Micky & Miriam

No comments: