Thursday, May 8, 2014

Stallholder profile Aneira from May Made It

Stallholder Profile Aneira from May Made It
https://www.facebook.com/MayMadeIt?ref=ts&fref=ts



Name: Aneira May

Business name: May made It

Suburb/town: Rockingham, WA

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I sew mainly home decore, nursery items, toys, sensory items, some clothing.

What inspired you to start your business?
I wanted a pram liner for my daughter and couldnt find any at a reasonable price,  so decided to make my own. A few friends saw it and said I should make them to sell.

How long have you been ‘creating’?
I've been running May Made It for almost 3 years now.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
Its a hobby really. I take my time with items and I close down sometimes to spend time with family or work on my project car with my husband.

Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc..
I sell most of my items on fb. Its free and easy. I love doing markets too, such as The Handmade Expo, Street Hassles 'Local and General markets and fairs'

What makes what you do special or different?
I think my prices make me different. I charge what I would be happy to pay. Of course I need to make money too but I don't like to rip people off either

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
Most rewarding part is having customers send me photos of their custom items in use and when customers keep coming back! 

What is your favourite product that you make?
I LOVE to make quilts! I don't get to make many but really enjoy them.


Do you teach classes or workshops?
I don't do classes but have taught the basics to a few friends and I'm looking forward to teaching my daughters when they're old enough.

No comments: