Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rockingham Stallholder Elaine Boyd

Our stallholder profile today is Elaine Boyd and she will be attending our first ever Rockingham market on Sunday 10th August

Name: Elaine Boyd

Suburb/town: Rockingham W.A

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I am a woodturner and I also decorate and carve Gourds as well as crocheting toys.

How long have you been ‘creating’?
I have been turning wood for thirty years as a hobby.

Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc..
I sell my creations at the wood and craft shows at Claremont, The E Shed at Fremantle, Creative Crafts at Rockingham, through the W.A.Woodturners Assoc. and The Handmade Expo Market.



What makes what you do special or different?
Maybe because I`m a woman  or my love of plants that makes my turning a little different from  the norm.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
I find it very rewarding to make something beautiful from something that would be considered as firewood.

What is your favourite product that you make?
My favourite products are arrangements of mushrooms and flowers from west Australian native wood.

Do you teach classes or workshops?
I have been a member of the W.A.Woodturners Assoc for thirty years and we have classes, workshops  and demonstrators . Often we will bring in a demonstrator from overseas.

No comments: