Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stallholder profile The Green Ray Emporium

Todays stallholder profile is Janine from The Green Ray Emporium.
 Janine will be attending our Rockingham market on August 10th.
https://www.facebook.com/TheGreenRayEmporium

Name:  Janine Matthews

Business name:The Green Ray Emporium


The suburb/town:Mandurah WA

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I make Steampunk Jewellery, I pull apart old clocks and old jewellery, and along with some found objects mainly make earrings and pendants but also small sculptures. 
I also have a range of wind chimes and light shade/chandelliers (all plastics) made out of bowls, colanders, cutlery and anything I can find at the op shops or roadside treasures.

What inspired you to start your business?
I have always made things and now this gives me an excuse to collect stuff and just create.

How long have you been ‘creating’?
All my life in one form or another, I am also a fibre artist & quilter and teacher in these 2 fields.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
It is part time as a business, but full time creating and collecting stuff.

Where do you sell your creations? 
I am still in the throws of setting up a full internet presence but also jumping on the market circuit and really looking forward to being part of The Handmade Expo in Rockingham.

What makes what you do special or different?
What I make are one off unique jewellery art pieces that you won't find mass produced.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
I love when I get an old clock to pull apart and seeing what wonderful pieces are inside when I get the back off.

What is your favourite product that you make?
I can't pick one as whatever piece I'm working on at the time, is my favorite.

Do you teach classes or workshops?

Yes, I teach Fibre Art classes and Quilt classes but not the jewellery side of things.

No comments: