Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Stallholder profile Korinas Kreations

Todays amazing stallholder profile is Korinas Kreations


The suburb/town you live in now:
Townsville

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I make fun, bright handmade stuffed toys using Funky Friends Factory patterns on my trusty Janome sewing machine


What inspired you to start your business?
After receiving my first sewing machine for Mother's Day in 2011 I met Pauline who is the designer of Funky Friends Factory. I bought my first pattern and was instantly hooked! My husband encouraged me to take my new found passion for sewing toys and turn it into a business.


How long have you been creating?
I've been making stuffed toys for almost 4 years now.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
It is a fulltime business now and I also have the privilege to work closely with Pauline the designer of Funky Friends Factory, helping her by testing her new patterns, sewing samples, preparing toy kits and editing her patterns.



Where do you sell your creations?
You can find my creations at The Handmade Expo Cairns, online at www.madeit.com.au, at Cool Stuff 4 Kids in Bundaberg, at The Art & Craft Cottage in Ipswich, at Handmade Cans in Cairns and at Little Mai on the Gold Coast.

What makes what you so special or different?
I always try to make OOAK and rarely do I make the same toy in the same fabrics. Each toy is made to perfection and each one has it's own little personality

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
Receiving wonderful feedback from customers and getting to see the faces of the little ones (and sometimes big ones) with their Korina's Kreation!

What is your favourite product that you make?
Ooh that's a hard one! My favourite's would have to be the Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerina, Lion, Hippo and Ducky



Do you teach classes or workshops?
No but I'd like to someday

No comments: