Monday, May 25, 2015

Stallholder Profile..The Closet Poet

Todays stallholder profile is all about Wayne, AKA The Closet Poet AKA The Aussie with the Funny Accent.

Your name: Wayne Pendleton, otherwise known as The Closet Poet and The Aussie with a Funny Accent.

Your Business name : 
Business name is Penned Prose and Poetry at http://pennedprose.odi.st ; you-tube link to author interview is https://youtu.be/_gkofMx4usM ; facebook and LinkedIn name is Wayne Pendleton


The suburb/town you live: 
Regents Park 4118

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
I write, read, and self-publish books of poetry, short story anecdotes, life experiences and ancestral history.

What inspired you to start your business? 
The desire to make public my hidden creative writing talent (?)

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
Since 1969, but only seriously since 2010

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
A hobby that has become a self-publishing business recently


Where do you sell your creations? 
To personal connections, neighbours, door-to-door, businesses such as gift shops, bookshops; at poetry and short story readings, including the offline book launch on 17 May (hopefully some of the 60 who have accepted the invitation will buy!). My book is also being distributed as an eBook through four distributors and internationally through Amazon POD (print-on-demand)

What makes what you do special or different? 
In my writing I share what I have experienced over my lifetime (lust and love, travel and scenery, catastrophes and achievements): The Closet Poet’s Collection is subtitled My Life in verse 1969 to 2014 and The Aussie with a Funny Accent is subtitled My Life in Prose and Verse

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
My passion is writing; however, self-publishing also means self-marketing which I have also found to be rewarding as the process identifies me more closely with the finished product.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
My 80-85% complete historical novel, working title Ancestors I Have Known which traces four streams of my family tree from the 1600s in England, Norway and Western Europe through the American Colonies to Canada. I enjoy the research and inventing the conversations of my ancestors.


Do you teach classes or workshops? No, but I spent most of my working life teaching all levels from primary through high school and TAFE to university level, so that might be a good idea. One little local note: I taught a term or two at St Mary’s Primary School in Ipswich in the late 70s, so might run into my ex-students at your market! Look forward to that possibility!

No comments: