Monday, July 20, 2015

Stallholder profile...Lady Feather Creations

Todays stallholder profile is Lady Feather Creations


Name: Bree Kaden

Your Business Name  
Lady Feather Creations


The suburb/town you live in: 
Cairns!

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
I make an assortment of different creations included talismans, wands, incense holders, dreamcatchers & wall-hangings. I make these using clay and crystals, along with feathers, charms, driftwoods & shells.

What inspired you to start your business? 
I've always been creative and after being made redundant I decided to put that creativity to use and self-teach myself how to create the things I do to build a business for myself! Who doesn't love being their own boss?!

How long have you been creating? 
About a year and a half now I've been doing what I do!

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
It's currently part-time/hobby but I'm gradually building myself up to full-time, which I love!

Where do you sell your creations? 
The Handmade Expo in Cairns is my first market & I'm looking forward to many more! I also sell at The Designers Den in Kuranda and feature in Handmade Cans on occasion! I also have an Online Etsy Store and do several established Online Markets!

What makes what you do so special or different? 
My creations come from looking at a crystal, a shell or a feather and intuitively working out a design to best complement the beauty within nature's gifts. I strive for my creations to be wearable or usable art and entirely unique.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
I thoroughly enjoy the feeling it gives people when they buy my creations. I put a lot of energy and love into what I do and it always gives me the warm-and-fuzzies whenever I see that fruition pay off!
What is your favourite product that you make? It's definitely an even toss up between the Goddess Talismans and the Faery Door pieces I do!

Do you teach classes or workshops?
I do! I'm currently hosting a DreamCatcher workshop at the end of August and will be doing more Goddess Talisman Workshops in the near future!

No comments: