Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Stallholder Profile Mardie Makes Cakes

Todays stall holder profile is Mardie Makes Cakes

Your name:
Mardie Jennings

Your Business name and facebook name and link:

The suburb/town you live in now:
Redlynch, Cairns

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I am a cake, cupcake and cookie maker. I create edible works of art that are baked from scratch, lovingly homemade (including my famous marshmallow fondant) and crafted to the most intricate of details and highest delicious quality.


What inspired you to start your business?
I started out as a Mum making my daughter’s birthday cakes, pretty soon my friends asked me to make their kid’s cakes, followed by friends of friends, etc, etc!

How long have you been creating?
A lifetime of arts and crafts (mostly drawing and sculpting) and my third official year of professional cake decorating.


Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?          
Business

Where do you sell your creations? 
Enquiries for cakes and sweets come via website or Facebook, I sell directly from my registered home kitchen and will be selling a large variety of exquisitely decorated Christmas cookies at The Handmade Expo on December 13th!

What makes what you so special or different?
Absolutely everything I make is handmade and homemade; nothing from a packet or a tub. More work for me; more pure sugary goodness for you.


What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
Being a part of the memories of people’s most special occasions!

What is your favourite product that you make?
I love making kid’s cakes!

Do you teach classes or workshops?
I will be looking into teaching cake decorating/sugar sculpting lessons in 2016.

No comments: