Monday, October 31, 2016

Stallholder Profile for Joey Design Illustrations at our exciting NEW location at Airlie Beach

NEW Stallholder Profile for Joey Design Illustrations
http://www.facebook.com/joeydesignillustrations



Your name: Danielle Miles
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Joey Design Illustrations, www.facebook.com/joeydesignillustrations IG: @joeydesign
The suburb/town you live in now: Mirani, Qld (Mackay)



What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make boho-inspired artworks (mandalas in blues, greens and aquas). I paint onto reclaimed timber pieces, wood blocks, pendants and handmade rings. I also digitally design my own mandalas and illustrations and get them printed onto a range of greeting cards and purses/tote bags.
What inspired you to start your business?: I've always been arty, but after having my second child, I developed PND - painting always calmed me and it grew from there.


How long have you been creating?: Pretty much since I could hold a pencil.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: At the moment I'm a full-time mum and work on my business during down-times.
Where do you sell your creations?: I sell my stationery and some artworks through Etsy, and I sell at local Markets in Mackay and surrounds. And I'll be attending my first ever The Handmade Expo market in December!
What makes you so special or different?: I always try to be different. Each of my pieces are OOAK so there is nothing else out there like them.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I love it when a customer chooses a piece and they tell me where they are going to display it. I love their excitement!


What is your favourite product to make?: I love painting onto reclaimed timber pieces - knowing I've saved the wood from landfill or someone's fireplace. Each piece is unique in itself and if it has flaws in it, I work with those flaws to make it a truly beautiful piece.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No, not yet.

No comments: