Friday, November 11, 2016

Cairns Stallholder Profile for Handmade by Pauline

Stallholder Profile for Handmade by Pauline
https://www.facebook.com/handmadebypauline.com.au/?fref=ts 


Your name: - Pauline Clark

Your business name and facebook/website name and link: -
My business name is Handmade By Pauline
Etsy shop - www.etsy.com/au/shop/Handmadebypauline1

The suburb/town you live in now: -
I live in Kewarra Beach in the beautiful northern beaches of Cairns

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:-
I sell a range of beautiful household and personal products like Microwave Bowl/Plate Holders, Tote Bags, and Coasters etc.  I’m a demon on the sewing machine. I like to see a need and develop or adapt an existing design to produce a new product for my customers.




What inspired you to start your business?: 
I have always been into crafts, especially sewing and when I moved to Cairns 4 years ago I became involved in the vibrant craft community up here.  It was a natural progression, and with a  lot of encouragement from new friends I decided to start selling my own handmade items at local Craft Markets.

How long have you been creating?:
I come from 3 generations of seamstresses and milliners so it’s in the genes… My Mum taught me to sew when I was primary school age.

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: 
It is a hobby business but enough to keep me busy almost full time

Where do you sell your creations?:
The Handmade Expo, Palm Cove Markets & Tanks Market.  Also I have an online shop on Etsy which I intend to devote more time to during the market down time.




What makes you so special or different?: 


A good sense of humour and listening to what the customers wants. Sourcing the best materials and taking pride in a well finished product….. oh and I smile and chat a lot too.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:
When existing customers love your products and recommend them to their friends.

What is your favourite product to make?:
I think it must be my microwave holders, they are my best seller and my customers love them so much. When I sew a new batch I get to wade through a delicious range of fabrics choosing which ones to use…..

Do you teach classes or workshops?:

Not at the moment because I’m so busy sewing but maybe in the future I will.

No comments: