Tuesday, March 21, 2017

NEW HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR QUILT ART BY JEAN GRIFFITHS


Stallholder Profile for Quilt Art by Jean Griffiths



Your name: Jean Griffiths.

Your business name:  Quilt Art by Jean Griffiths.

The suburb/town you live in now: Dundowran Beach, Hervey Bay.

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I use my quilting skills to make cot quilts, queen quilts on commission, place mats, and unique bags using rich fabrics to make Victorian crazy patchwork.



What inspired you to start your business?: I was originally inspired by the Welsh coast where we lived before migrating 10 years ago.

How long have you been creating?: I have been quilting since 1974, but before 2000 I only made things to raise money for the church. I still make loads of charity quilts for the Hervey Bay Quilters

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: It is a full time hobby!

Where do you sell your creations?: I have a regular spot at the Harbour Gift Gallery at Urangan, and attend Artslink craft Fairs and now will attend The Handmade Expo & Vintage Market.

What makes you so special or different?: My specialty is making landscapes in fabric. I exhibit at the annual Randwick Art society exhibition and craft fair in Sydney where I am still a member. My work is unique there as I'm the only member to date who's medium is fabric and my work receives a lot of praise. Last year I received an award for my technique.




What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I love what I do both to sell and for charity and it's good to know that people love it too.

What is your favourite product to make?: I love what I do both to sell and for charity and it's good to know that people love it too.

Do you teach classes or workshops?: I have held workshops in the U.K. but now I teach within my quilting group.

No comments: