Monday, March 27, 2017

NEW HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR APRIL SHOWERS HANDMADE GIFTS N YARNS

Stallholder Profile for April Showers Handmade Gifts n Yarns

Your name: Juliette Bland
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: April Showers Handmade Gifts n Yarns    - Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AprilShowersHandmadeGiftsnYarns/
The suburb/town you live in now: Maryborough Qld.
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:  I mainly make crochet toys as well as knitted long socks, leg warmers. I also make blankets, cushions, Wall pictures, baby clothing.
.


What inspired you to start your business?:  I've always had a love of crochet and knitting. Encouragement from family had me taking it one step more and started selling online. Have won many ribbons from craftshows around Australia. And have a lot of my work sell to the overseas market.
How long have you been creating?: Self taught when was only young around 36 years ago.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: My goal is to become a business but at the moment it is just a full time hobby
Where do you sell your creations?: I sell a lot online & word of mouth. I also sell at local craft markets around the area and will be selling at The Handmade Expo & Vintage market for the first time in May. I am lucky enough to also design and sell some of my designs to a magazine called Yarn.



What makes you so special or different?: I don't think my work makes me special or different. I just love what I do, love colour and can only hope it shows through in my finished products.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Love seeing the children's and adults faces from receiving one of my products. Knowing that just one little toy can bring joy to someone and know that it is going to be loved for years to come.
What is your favourite product to make?: I don't really have a favourite but if had to choose would have to be my toys. No 2 toys turn out the same way.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Yes I have classes/workshops in my home.

No comments: