Friday, May 19, 2017

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR KIN KIN BEADS

Stallholder Profile for Kin Kin Beads

Your name:  Robert Fleming
Your business name and facebook/website name and link:  Kin Kin Beads   https://www.facebook.com/Kin-Kin-Beads-157025417683903/

The suburb/town you live in now:  Kin Kin Qld!
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:  I’m a lamp worker - I make both solid and hollow glass beads and jewellery.
What inspired you to start your business?:  You know, I’ve taken many years to find an art form that I can really connect with.  I can’t draw, paint, sing or dance, but I can make beautiful glass beads!




How long have you been creating?:  I first started lamp work on a very noisy torch back in 2002.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?:  This is my only income, so I rely on it to pay the bills and fund my fishing addiction.
Where do you sell your creations?: I sell at Eumundi markets and at Riverside in the Gardens and Young Designers markets in Brisbane. And soon The Handmade Expo & Vintage market on the Sunshine Coast.
What makes you so special or different?:  Lamp worked glass has a history spanning thousands of years.  Taking solid glass rods, melting them and creating beautiful jewellery the scan last for many years is a wonderful thing. 



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:  Creating new designs, working in collaboration with my wife, Simona, to make special pieces combining silver and glass and return customers all give me a thrill.  
What is your favourite product to make?:  Oh, many, maybe my Mondrian inspired necklaces or solid glass hearts fumed with pure silver.
Do you teach classes or workshops?:  I have in the past and will again soon.  

No comments: