Tuesday, June 6, 2017

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR FALAFEL BARAKA

Stallholder Profile for Falafel Baraka

Your name: Joseph Shaich Yusuf
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Falafel Baraka https://www.facebook.com/falafelbaraka/ & falafel.baraka on Instagram
The suburb/town you live in now: Hunchy
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make falafel wraps, falafel plates, middle eastern sweets (baklawa, ma'moul, helbe)


What inspired you to start your business?: I was looking for a change from building and I love food... my father had a falafel stand in our home town in Israel and I used to help him with it, from an early age. It's hard to find really good falafels here so I thought "Why not?" And it's worked out really well!
How long have you been creating?: Falafels? Since I was about 7 years old
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Full time
Where do you sell your creations?: Farmers markets such as Yandina and others like Eumundi, Peregian Beach and Mooloolaba Collective... and The Handmade Expo of course!
What makes you so special or different?: I'm creating authentic Middle Eastern food that's healthy and delicious... all is vegan and the falafels are also gluten-free.



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Meeting so many people and offering food that is not only delicious but healthy, helping others be well!
What is your favourite product to make?: Falafels of course, with fresh local products and no additives or fillers, and everyone loves the theatre of the way they are cooked.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: I can do falafel or Middle Eastern sweets classes

No comments: