Friday, July 7, 2017

CAIRNS STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR NUTTY KOALA

Stallholder Profile for Nutty Koala

Your name: Gayle Lemmon

Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Nutty Koala https://www.facebook.com/Nutty-Koala 


The suburb/town you live in now: Kewarra Beach

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Creating Babies and Children's Clothing. My skills are pattern making, sewing both hand and machine, making embellishments such as ribbon/fabric flowers and bows to adorn my creations, machine embroidery, applique and hand smocking.




What inspired you to start your business?: When my girls no longer wanted too wear my creations l stopped making children's clothes but l felt very lost even after trying other hobbies. With the birth of my grandchildren l suddenly had a purpose.........and Nutty Koala was born.

How long have you been creating?: I began sewing at the age of 10 making dolls clothes, therefore it would be 50 years of creating.

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Part time but l would love it too be full time.

Where do you sell your creations?: At the Handmade Expo and Vintage Markets in Cairns and on my Facebook page.

What makes you so special or different?: Most of my creations are one of a kind and are all my own designs, and my embellishments, bias tapes and any piping are all made by me.




What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing my clothing on my buyers children either a photo or in person, also when a customer returns to purchase more of my outfits.

What is your favourite product to make?: This would have to be my ruffled rompers.

Do you teach classes or workshops?: No

No comments: