Friday, July 21, 2017

TOOWOOMBA STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR INKDELECTABLES

Stallholder Profile for InkDelectables

  • Your name: Sharon O'Phee

  • The suburb/town you live in now: Toowoomba

  • What is it that you make and what skills do you use? I create handmade cards and giftware using my printmaking skills. I use various printmaking techniques ranging from linocuts, mixed media and eco dyes.



  • What inspired you to start your business? I wanted to be creating on a regular basis and make a living from what I do best.

  • How long have you been ‘creating’? I have been a practicing artist for over 35 years.

  • Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?  InkDelectables is a new business I started at the beginning of 2017, it is in the early stages.

  • Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc.. What makes what you do special or different?  I have just begun to sell my work at markets since the beginning of the year. I have some work in shops on consignment and am in the process of creating a website. My cards are made from mono prints (one of a kind) and lino cuts printed on Japanese paper and then glued to acid free card. They are like mini fine art works at a very affordable price. They are of archival quality and can be framed. Each card is handmade and unique.



  • What is the most rewarding part of what you do?  Creating quality work using the skills of my trade.

  • What is your favourite product that you make? My favourite product that I make would have to be the mono prints where I print real leaves that I have specifically selected.

  • Do you teach classes or workshops?  yes I do teach workshops in various printmaking techniques.

No comments: