Wednesday, August 23, 2017

HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR GRANDPA'S TOYS

Stallholder Profile for Grandpa's Toys

Your name:  David Burrage
Your business name and facebook/website name and link:  www.grandpastoys.com.au   www.facebook.com/grandpaswoodentoys/
The suburb/town you live in now: Alton Downs Qld (we have a workshop in Marian also which we share with Blacklist Prints)
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Handmade wooden toys for toddlers through to 80 year old. I use carpentry and furniture making skills to create my toys



What inspired you to start your business?: I lost my job and was too young to retire. I used to make toys for our children years ago so started with laundry set and progressed to trucks as people requested.
How long have you been creating?: A lot of years however made this business out of necessity 4 years ago
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: This is a business designed to assist making our livelihood.
Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc..of course you must include The Handmade Expo LOL?: We mostly sell online and at shopping centres however we do markets (in Mackay, Capella, Biloela and Rockhampton and Agricultural Shows (Marlborough, Ridgelands, Monto and Rockhampton) and The Handmade Expo Markets (mainly Rockhampton however trying THE Hervey Bay for the first time in August 2017
What makes you so special or different?: I guess the wide variety of toys I make and the sturdy nature of them appeals to a lot of people Australia wide.



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: The comments from the customers and seeing the eyes of children light up when they see my toys.
What is your favourite product to make?: My cattle truck which I can personalise for children, businesses or companies.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No I don’t have any time. Who would have thought a one man business would be posting products all over Australia.

No comments: