Thursday, August 31, 2017

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR ALABASTER SOAPS

Stallholder Profile for Alabaster Soaps

Your name: Monica Spinaze
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Alabaster Soaps
The suburb/town you live in now: Tullera NSW
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I am making home made soap, keeping them as natural as possible and using organic ingredients where possible
What inspired you to start your business?: My sister started to make soap because she and her children had eczema and found most soaps irritating. She found making her own soap reduced the irritation and some for example the goats milk soap seemed to sooth their skin. 



How long have you been creating?: I started making soap this year after staying with my sister who taught me the soap making process fundamentals and I was hooked. I have been selling my soap now for the last 10 months with lots of great feedback 
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Currently I am doing this part time and is a hobby but I would like my soaps to reach more people as I think they are very good for the skin
Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc..of course you must include The Handmade Expo LOL?: I am selling my soaps at the Lismore Car boot market twice a month and other markets such as Woodbury riverside market and Kyogle market
What makes you so special or different?:My soaps are as natural as I can make them. I use organic oils, no preservatives, no artificial colours or scents. For colours I use herbs, spices and other vegetable based colours and for scent I use essential oils. Some of the soaps are suitable for vegans. I also make a very mild baby soap.  



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:I love the process of soap making and each batch is different. I have also loved coming to understand the science behind making soap and also I really enjoy the positive feedback from people saying it is the best soap they have used. That is really rewarding
What is your favourite product to make?: I don't have one special soap to make each is different in smell, texture and lather depending on the type of oils used. My first soap was lavender and I have a friend who provided me with some beautiful dried lavender that is heavenly in soap so that is a favourite however my rose soap comes close to be number one. I can use it on my face and body and the smell in the shower is amazing
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No not at this time

No comments: