Wednesday, November 8, 2017

NEW TOOWOOMBA STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR AUTHOR CASSANDRA STEPHENS

Stallholder Profile for author Cassandra Stephens



  • Your name: Cassandra Stephens


  • The suburb/town you live in now: Toowoomba

  • What is it that you make and what skills do you use? Author / Illustrator of children’s book ‘What Can I See?’






  • What inspired you to start your business?  My three children and our love for reading together

  • How long have you been ‘creating’?  I began writing several years ago while on maternity leave but only decided to publish my work early this year.

  • Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?  At the moment it is a side business, but I hope over time my book and future writing will become popular enough to sustain a full-time career

  • Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc.. What makes what you do special or different?  I have previously sold at markets and stores around North West Queensland.  I am new to Toowoomba so this will be my first appearance at a market, however my book is  available through Dymocks Toowoomba at Grand Central and the Wilsonton Community Gallery at Wilsonton Shopping Centre.  I also have an online presence so the books can be purchased directly through my Facebook page and website.


  • What is the most rewarding part of what you do?  I absolutely love reading to the kids!  It is amazing to see their faces light up as they explore the pages and shout out the answers and rhymes.

  • What is your favourite product that you make?  ‘What Can I See?’ is my first published work, however I have several other books waiting in the wings.  I am currently drawing the illustrations for my next book ‘There’s an Elephant in my House.’

  • Do you teach classes or workshops?  I haven’t as yet, but am always willing to help others and explore new ideas and mediums.  Cross pollination is the greatest way to expand your creative mind.

No comments: