Thursday, January 25, 2018

AIRLIE BEACH STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR ECLECTIC CREATIVE DESIGNS

Stallholder Profile for Eclectic Creative Designs




Your name: Ashleigh Adamson
Your business name and Facebook/website name and link: Eclectic Creative Designs
The suburb/town you live in now: East Mackay
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I create original and commissioned abstract Resin & Mixed Media artworks and home décor pieces from my studio in Mackay. There are many skills involved with this medium, a lot which I can not go into - if I gave away my secrets I wouldn’t be unique!  All the colours I use are mixed to your desire, some pieces are single layered and some multi-layered, but each piece takes a substantial amount of time to create.



What inspired you to start your business?: After becoming a Graphic Designer, and struggling with a few things in my life, my creativity stopped and I began resenting my job. I came across the medium but never thought I would have the skill or creativity to be able to try it myself.
A couple of years later I lost someone very close to me from suicide and I had so many mixed emotions that I didn't know how to overcome. I also had the realisation that life is too short to hold yourself back and that you can be your own worst enemy, so I decided I was going to try it.
I created my first artwork called "Peace" which is dedicated to the person I lost and a reflection of the emotions I encountered with their loss. It is one that I will always hold close to my heart.
My mission is to make people understand that it's ok to be yourself, that you're not going to be coping or ok 100% of the time, as all lives have great times and tough times, and no matter how alone you may feel there is always some form of beauty within it, you just have to look at it. This is why I create, I take inspiration from all parts of my life and nature and I create something beautiful for this exact reason.
Creating is my sanity and my business just evolved because of it.
How long have you been creating?: I have had my business for just over a year but was creating with this medium for a year or so before I started my business. 
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: I create in my spare time as I unfortunately work full time. I aspire to be doing this full time soon.



Where do you sell your creations?: I sell my pieces on Facebook, Instagram, The Handmade Expo and hope to be at a couple other markets this year.

What makes you so special or different?: All Artwork is handcrafted one off pieces, each piece personally designed and unique, adding functional abstract art with sophistication and uniqueness to your very own home. All my artwork is influenced by all things in life, especially nature, and I strive to share the beauty I see in these gifts through my artwork. Due to the nature of Resin I am able to capture all the complex details that life and nature bring, and combine them in my artworks. They are a way to express where all my inspiration has come from, and for me inspiration occurs at any moment in time and can spark all types of emotions.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: The reaction & emotion when someone sees the work I have created for the first time in person!
What is your favourite product to make?: I love to create large wall pieces as they allow much more freedom, but enjoy making all my products. 
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Not at this stage, but it is something I would love to do in the near future.

No comments: