Tuesday, January 9, 2018

FIRST BLOG FOR 2018 FOR ROCKHAMPTON STALLHOLDER GRANDPA'S TOYS

Stallholder Profile for Grandpa's Toys




Your name: David Burrage
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Grandpas Toys
www.grandpastoys.com.au         https://www.facebook.com/grandpaswoodentoys/                 Instagram.com/grandpastoys
The suburb/town you live in now: Alton Downs (20 K north/west of Rockhampton Central Queensland)
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:  Handmade wooden toys and toys furniture


What inspired you to start your business?:  I lost my job and being 5 years from retirement age I couldn’t obtain work
How long have you been creating?: I actually commenced building toys for my own children from 1988 however I started Grandpas Toys in 2013
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: It is full time all year but much busier leading up to Christmas. I am now shipping all over Australia and get a few enquiries from overseas.
Where do you sell your creations?:  Online, The Handmade Expo Market, Stocklands (popup stalls), Canelands (Popup Stalls), The Mackay Handmade and some selected Shows.



What makes you so special or different?:  I make quality wooden products to last and encourage creative play with my products. I can also personalise my trucks etc.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:  Seeing the eyes light up when children and adults see my products.
What is your favourite product to make?: Probably the trucks and trailers as they are all different
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No I am too old and grouchy now.

No comments: